<--Surgeries Home |
Mini Gastric Bypass |
Gastric Sleeve Procedure |
Roux-en-Y (RNY) |
Lap-Band Procedure |
The Lap-Band® System is an adjustable gastric band which has been used by leading laparoscopic surgeons around the world to overcome severe obesity.
The result is : You lose weight.
- It is done by minimal invasive surgery (laparoscopy)
- It is the least invasive of the bariatric procedures and has the least morbility and mortality
- FDA approved since 2001
- It is a totally reversible procedure
- Adjust to every patients needs
- The stomach IS NOT stapled
- The patient is sent to home in 24 hrs. or less
- 40 min. procedure
- Quick recovery
- Fullness and satisfaction is experienced with just a small amount of food
- The reduced amount intake results in a dramatic weight loss
- The Lap-Band® System is a silicone band that is surgically placed around the stomach. The band is designed to limit food intake. When you eat less food your body draws on its own fat reserves to get the energy it needs.
The surgery is done by laparoscopy (also known as keyhole surgery). A large incision is not required. The stomach area is accessed via 4 to 6 very small incisions which are then closed with self-dissolving sutures.